The Oakland Raiders connection to the city of Alameda began in 1969 when ground was broken on a new practice facility located on Bay Farm Island. The team officially moved into the facility during the 1970 season and practiced there through the 1982 season, which was the team's first season in Los Angeles.
During the 1970's and early 1980's many Raiders players made Alameda home and were a part of the local community. Legend has it that a few well known players were also known to frequent local watering holes around town from time to time.
When the team returned to Oakland in 1995, a new practice facility was again built on Bay Farm Island not far from the site of their original practice facility. The team has practiced in Alameda since the 1996 season.
To date, there have been four players with Alameda roots to don the Silver and Black and all four attended Alameda High School:
Jesse Murdock (1964 Season; 1 game) - AHS Class of 1955
Rich Zecher (1965 Season) - AHS Class of 1961
Jim Lemoine (1971 Preseason) - AHS Class of 1963
Keelan Doss (2019- Present) - AHS Class of 2014